To be eligible to be an NAIS member, a school must demonstrate in the application process that it meets the following requirements:
- Has 501(c)(3) nonprofit status;
- Has been fully accredited by one of our approved organizations;
- Is governed by an independent board of trustees;
- Has demonstrated a commitment to diversity in compliance with state and federal law, as evident in all nondiscrimination policies for admission and hiring;
- Agrees in spirit with the NAIS Principles of Good Practice.
If your school is not yet accredited but is actively working toward it, you may still be eligible to be an NAIS Candidate Member. Candidate Members have full access to NAIS benefits but cannot vote at the NAIS Annual Membership Meeting.
Find the complete details and application for membership.